If you love someone, pray for them, pray for their growth, pray for their peace, pray for their success and pray for their happiness.
SheerKhurma is usually made during Eid after the holy month of Ramadan.
No Eid is marked complete if Sheer Khorma or Sheer Khurma and Biryani is not made and served to family, neighbours and friends.
The Recipe Serves 7 portions
To prepare the dry fruits mixture :
- 1 cup almonds blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove skin once almonds cool down.Finally chop them or slice them to thin stripes.
- 1 cup pistachio . Blanch, remove skin and chop as above.
- 1 cup chironji or charoli. Blanch and remove skin.
- 1 cup cashew chopped
- 1 cup raisins
Take 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry the almonds till a nice aroma comes out. Take them out and spread in a plate.
Repeat the steps with the remaining dry fruits.
Finally, mix them all together and keep aside.
This can be stored in refrigerator and used as an when required. Usually, the dry fruit mixture is prepared two three days before and used instantly on the main day.
To prepare the sewaiyan :
- Crush about 2 cups of vermicelli (the thin variety)
- Fry in 2 tbsp of ghee for 8-9 minutes on low flame
- Ingredients for making Sheer Khurma for 5-6 people :
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 to 9 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder or 3 cardamom crushed
- 3 strands of Kesar
- 3/4th cup of dry fruit made above
- 3/4th cup of sewaiyan or vermicelli prepared above
Steps To Make:
- Take a deep wok. Heat milk and water together (that makes 5 cups). Bring it to a boil. Lower the flame and allow the mixture to come back to 4th cup.
- Add kesar and cardamom powder.
- Add the dry fruits and boil for another two minutes.
- Add sugar and boil for a minute till sugar dissolves properly.
- Add sewaiyan. Boil for 2 minutes. Flame should be slow throughout the time.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down a bit.
- SheerKhurma should be served hot.